02 September 2011

various | the may queen in july

this is the best tape compilation i did, and i never bloody released it. i spent 2 years compiling it, was very excited about it, but then its completion coincided with the collapse of my tiny empire in 2000. oof.

anyway, at 2 x c60 it's a monster - 42 tracks in all - and it's basically dedicated to four-track pop, so expect lots of hiss along with the tunes.

and there really are plenty of tunes to be had here, from:

::: charlie mcalister
::: father
::: southern charm pageant
::: remora
::: crayola summer
::: inca eyeball
::: girlboy girl
::: mad planets
::: courtis
::: werewolves on hashish
::: in tundra
::: tegan fraid (age 3)
::: hood
::: caleb fraid
::: 50holehead
::: jalopy
::: michelle glaw
::: fink
::: plundershop
::: warser gate
::: smirkworthy
::: elk
::: catkins of jazz
::: food
::: november 1959
::: frank peck
::: will simmons
::: drekka
::: i hail taxis
::: cocker spaniels
::: ring
::: mandorris
::: crosseyed
::: my place in space
::: shy rights movement
::: swingset
::: wagstaff
::: princeton reverbs colonnial
::: george willard
::: fernando

2 x c60 nearly released by kylie productions in 2000.

part 1.
part 2.

2 comments:

Zekk said...

thanks for this. great blog.
what's the story behind your label? i'm intrigued.

all the best

pyrolysebred said...

Kylie Productionen of Bath/Norwich! I bought some stuff from you in late 1996. I thought I had bought the 'Deliberately lo-fi' cassette from you, but I can't find it anymore :( However I just dug out 'The sound of 'um' compilation, as well as some flyers and the lists of goods of July 1996 & September 1996. I feel like a lo-fi archaeologist ;-) Anyway, I hope you're doing well. It would be nice if you could post more of those Kylie cassettes.